Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Power of Crying Out by Bill Gothard

When Prayer Becomes Mighty

God longs to be there for us when we cry out to Him. He delights in showing Himself strong to us in the midst of impossible situations. When we come before Him in utter dependence with a life that is beyond our abilities, we find His overwhelming love.  The posture of a broken heart and soul before God captures His tender mercies, and He stoops down to be near to us when we are powerless. It is in this time He desires to give us His power, it is then that prayer becomes mighty.

 I Cry Out
Cries flow from my lips, to His ears like
a flood, 
Into His sanctuary, covered by Christ's
blood. 
Before a listening God, an outflow
of love,
Patiently I wait for Him, my redeemer
from above.
Stooping close to hear me, He hideth not
his face.
I quencheth not the Spirit, prompted by
His grace.
To all who call upon Him, the promise to
be near.
In my times of trouble, He answers "I
Am here".
Every sigh and gasp and whisper or in the
slightest groan,
Each cry of desperation falls before
His throne. 
In harmony it echoes, in mercy
intercedes,
The loving voice of Christ, appeals my
every need.
I find in Him delight, with brokenness
of soul,
For it's His greatest pleasure, His blessings
to bestow.
It's  not what my will would be, but only His
I pray.
For His purpose glorify, The life, The truth,
The way.

Amy Rainey
5/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment